Article 1. Scope of Application
1. Accommodation Contracts and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations, and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the case where the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation Contracts
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars.
(1) The Guest’s name, address, age, phone number, and number of guests (age of the guest who will be sharing the room);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Date of departure and estimated time of departure;
(4) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in Appendix 1); and
(5) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
2. In the case in which the Guest requests, during his/her stay, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date(s) in item 2 of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such a request is made.
Article 3. Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts and Related Agreements
1. An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proven that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When an Accommodation Contract has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel by the date specified by the Hotel.
3. The deposit shall be first allotted for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply in the case in which the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Article 4. Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
2. In the case in which the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
1. The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances.
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
(3) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected to be carrying an infectious disease;
(5) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
(6) When the Guest seeking accommodation has used violence in making demands of the accommodation facilities, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden;
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation speaks or behaves in a manner that causes noise, danger, or uneasiness to other guests staying at or using the Hotel;
(8) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed to have conducted similar acts at the Hotel in the past as in items (5), (6), and (7) of this Article; all items except (2) of Article 7 of these Terms and Conditions; or fails to observe the House Regulations set forth separately by the Hotel;
(9) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed to be one of the following.
(a) A gang as prescribed by Article 2, item 2 in the Law Concerning Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Groups (Act No. 77 of 1991); a gangster as prescribed by the same Article 2, item 6; an associate member; affiliated party; or any other antisocial organization;
(b) A corporation or other group of which business activities are under control of a gang or gangster; or
(c) A corporate body whose director is proven to be a member of a gang;
(10) When the provisions of Article 5 of the Kyoto Prefectural Ordinance concerning the enforcement of the Hotel Management Law are applicable.
[Kyoto Prefectural Ordinance: Hotel Management Law Enforcement Ordinance, Article 5 (Grounds for Refusing Accommodation)]
Grounds prescribed by Article 5, item 3 in the Hotel Management Law (“Ryokan Gyoho”) are enforced when the Guest seeking accommodation or is accommodated is deemed to be any of the following or other acceptable reason.
① Is intoxicated and liable to cause a nuisance to other guests;
② Is liable to speak or behave in a manner that causes a nuisance to other guests by singing loudly, behaving boisterously, holding parties, playing musical instruments, and the like while accommodated;
③ Is detected to have no financial ability to compensate for the services; and
④ Is deemed to be suspicious;
(11) When specially instructed by the concerned government authorities; and
(12) When the Guest seeking accommodation is a minor. However, the same shall not apply if the Guest seeking accommodation is at least 15 years of age (excluding middle schoolers and below) and is either accompanied by a guardian or has the consent of a guardian as shown in the categories below.
|16 or 17 years old
(excluding high schoolers and below)
|Consent of a guardian
|12 to 15 years old
||Accompaniment by a guardian
Article 6. Right of the Guest to Cancel Accommodation Contracts
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
2. Should the Guest cancel the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to reasons attributable to the guest (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Article 3, paragraph 2 and the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Appendix 2. However, should a special contract, as prescribed in Article 4, paragraph 1 be in effect, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation for payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. In the case in which the Guest does not appear by 11:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without an advance notice, the Hotel may deem the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest and take measures accordingly.
Article 7. Right of the Hotel to Cancel Accommodation Contracts
1. The Hotel may immediately cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances.
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation, or behaves in such a manner;
(2) When the Guest is clearly detected to be carrying an infectious disease;
(3) When the Guest has used violence in making demands of the accommodation facilities, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden;
(4) When the Guest intentionally damages, soils, or stains the Hotel’s facilities or furnishings;
(5) When the Guest speaks or behaves in a manner that causes noise, danger, or uneasiness to other guests staying at or using the Hotel, the Hotel, or Hotel employees;
(6) When the Guest fails to observe the House Regulations set forth separately by the Hotel;
(7) When the Guest is deemed to be one of the following.
(a) A gang, gangster, an associate member, affiliated party, or any other antisocial organization;
(b) A corporation or other group of which business activities are under control of a gang or gangster; or
(c) A corporate body whose director is proven to be a member of a gang;
(8) When the provisions of Article 5 of the Kyoto Prefectural Ordinance concerning the enforcement of the Hotel Management Law are applicable [as in Article 5 (10) of these Terms and Conditions];
(9) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
(10) When the Guest smokes in a non-smoking area, does mischief with firefighting equipment, or behaves in a manner that impedes fire prevention;
(11) When the Guest brings or tries to bring the following items:
(a) Unlicensed guns;
(b) Unlicensed swords and the like;
(c) Items that emit significantly offensive odors;
(d) An excessive quantity of items;
(e) Flammable items (fireworks, incense, gunpowder, volatile oil, etc.);
(f) Animals, insects, and the like (Please consult in advance when applying for an Accommodation Contract for guide dogs.);
(12) When the Guest removes furnishings and articles of the Hotel from the Hotel, or changes their locations; and
(13) When the Guest tries to change, remodel, or modify the building or furnishings
2. In the case in which the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services which the Guest has not received. (In that case, the Hotel may request reparations as listed in Appendix 2.)
Article 8. Registration of Accommodations
1. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
(1) Name, address, age, phone number, and number of guests (age of the guest who will be sharing the room);
(2) (Except in the case of a Japanese national or Japanese resident) nationality and passport number (A photocopy will be taken of the passport.);
(3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
Article 9. Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. of the following day, except when the Guest stays for two or more consecutive nights, in which case the Guest may use the guest room all day except for the day of arrival and the day of departure.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid by the Guest as follows.
(1) Up to 1 hour (departure from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon): 30% of the room charge (rounded up to the whole number)
(2) Over 1 hour (departure after 12:00 noon): 100% of the room charge for one night
Article 10. Observance of House Regulations
The Guest shall observe the House Regulations established by the Hotel while accommodated.
Article 11. Business Hours
1. The business hours of the Hotel’s main facilities are described below. The business hours of other facilities are available on the Hotel’s website.
(1) Front desk, cashier, and other service hours:
(a) No curfew
(b) Front service 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Check-in is also until 11:00 p.m.)
(2) Food and beverage, etc. (facility) service hours:
(a) Breakfast 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Last order at 10:30 a.m.)
(b) Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Last order at 2:30 p.m.)
(c) Dinner & Bar 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Last order at 10:00 p.m.)
(d) Cafe 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Last order at 10:00 p.m.)
2. The business hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Article 12. Payment of Hotel Charges
1. The breakdown of the Hotel Charges and other fees that the Guest shall pay are as listed in Appendix 1.
2. Hotel Charges as stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid at the Front Desk at the time of the Guest’s arrival or upon request by the Hotel in Japanese yen or other means as shall be acceptable to the Hotel such as accepted credit cards.
3. Hotel Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities once such facilities have been made available to the Guest by the Hotel.
Article 13. Liabilities of the Hotel
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in the case in which such damage has been caused due to reasons not attributable to the Hotel.
Article 14. Arrangement When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted room(s), arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodations cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest compensation equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodations due to reasons not attributable to the Hotel, the Hotel shall not pay compensation to the Guest.
Article 15. Handling of Deposited Articles
1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to baggage or other articles deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except when such damage is attributable to force majeure.
2. The Guest shall be responsible for managing articles, cash or valuables brought to the Hotel but not deposited at the Front Desk. The Hotel shall not be liable for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to such articles, except when such damage is attributable to intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel. However, in the case that the Hotel is liable for compensation, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest to an amount limited to 30,000 yen, unless the damage is caused by the Hotel by intent or gross negligence.
3. The Hotel shall not be liable for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to deposited articles in the following cases.
(a) Damages for loss, breakage or other damage of articles (that cannot be deposited) listed in the following provisions;
(b) When judicial power is exercised, and a relevant public agency confiscates or requests submission of the stored article as evidence; or
(c) Damages for loss, breakage or other damage is attributable to the conduct of a third party
4. The articles listed below cannot be deposited at the Front Desk.
(a) Cash and valuables (securities, precious metals, important documents, design drawings, personal computers, articles that can be deemed to be valuable by the depositor, and the like);
(b) Unlicensed guns;
(c) Unlicensed swords and the like;
(d) Items that emit significantly offensive odors;
(e) An excessive quantity of items;
(f) Flammable items (fireworks, incense, gunpowder, volatile oil, etc.);
(g) Animals, insects, and the like (Please consult in advance when applying for an Accommodation Contract for guide dogs.);
(h) Items that easily spoil or deteriorate; and
(i) Any other item that the Hotel deems unsuited for keeping
Article 16. Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it and hand it over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his/her check-in only if the Hotel has agreed to do so in advance.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found left at the Hotel after his/her check-out, the Hotel shall handle it in accordance with the Hotel’s baggage custody policies.
3. The Hotel’s liability in regards to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 3 of the preceding Article in the case of paragraph 1, and with the provisions of paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of paragraph 2.
Article 17. Liability Regarding Parking
The Hotel shall not be liable for any accident, theft, or other damage or loss to the Guest’s vehicle occurring within the parking lot, even if the parking lot is a facility designated by the Hotel.
Article 18. Liability of the Guest
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused by the Guest by intent or negligence.
Article 19. Use of Computers and Internet Connections
Computers and Internet connections shall be used within the Hotel under the responsibility of the user. The Hotel shall not be liable for damages if the user suffers damages as a result of interruption of service during use due to system failure or other causes. If the Hotel deems the Guest’s use of the computer or Internet to be inappropriate and expected to cause damages to the Hotel or a third party, or if such damage has occurred, the Guest shall pay compensation equivalent to the damages.
Article 20. Amendment of these Terms and Conditions
The content may be amended without prior notification for particulars that are not set forth in these Terms and Conditions and when an amendment is deemed necessary for business operation.
Appendix 1. Breakdown of Hotel Charges (Ref. Art. 2, para. 1 and Art. 12, para. 1)
|Total Amount to be Paid
by the Guest
||Basic Accommodation Charge
(Room Charge or Room Charge and food/beverage, including breakfast)
(excluding breakfast and other food/beverage included in the room charge)
||Consumption Tax, Accommodation Tax
Appendix 2. Cancellation Charges (Ref. Art. 6, para. 2 and Art. 7, para. 2)
|Date when the Cancellation
of Contract is Notified
||1 Day Prior to the Accommodation Day
|Rate of the Cancellation Charge
1. The percentages signify the rate of the cancellation charge as applied to the Basic Accommodation Charge.
2. When the number of contracted days is shortened, the cancellation charge for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. The cancellation charges shall also apply to Article 7 paragraph 2.
4. Fractions shall be rounded up to the whole number.